Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Halfway Point

Wednesday of this week was the halfway point for my student teaching time in North Carolina.  It is amazing to think how quickly these past few weeks have flown by and how much I have learned in such a short period of time. 

Each day, as I look at the group of kids I have, I find myself feeling incredibly grateful.  I love each one of them so very much and am truly going to miss them when I leave next month.  I often wonder if I will find myself at a disadvantage next year when I get my own classroom because I will not have experienced a disruptive classroom environment during my time student teaching.  It will be a new challenge for me when I am finally faced with a serious classroom management issue. 

I, at the moment, am still abiding by my belief that if you respect the students they in turn will respect you.


My trip to Brazil is rapidly approaching and I am becoming increasingly excited and stressed.  There seems to be so much to take care of, from filling out job applications before I leave to getting the appropriate vaccinations, all while being sure to stay on top of my lesson plans and grading.  I suppose if I can make it through my semester student teaching I can make it through just about anything!

I am looking forward to meeting my “Brazilian Buddy” as our study abroad group has labeled them.  This is a student teacher in Brazil that I will be paired with for the duration of my stay.  I will have the opportunity to follow him or her throughout the various schools in Curitiba and together we will produce a final comparative analysis of the Brazilian and American education systems.  It will be an interesting challenge to produce an academic paper with another individual whom may or may not speak any English!

More next week, Adeus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.